This meme is courtesy of germankitty
. Sorry it's taken a while but I haven't dropped by LJ for weeks.
Rule 1 - Post the rules
Rule 2- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
My 11 questions are as follows.
1. Do you easily get foot-in-mouth disease or commit other gaffes? Would you share?
Not really easily, or at least I don't think so. In my working days I did tend to not keep my mouth shut about things I didn't like, which could be a reason I wasn't put in management. :)
2. If money, time and prowess were no object, what would be your dream hobby/leisure activity?
I'm already involved in my dream hobbies: game modding and fanfic writing.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
I'd love to visit Egypt and see the pyramids - the history of the place fascinates me.
4. Do you have a special gift or talent?
I'm an excellent applications programmer if I say so myself.
5. Is there a law or regulation that drives you bonkers because it's so stupid?
The illegality of marijuana. And same-sex marriage not being legal everywhere.
6. Name three celebrities of your own gender (or opposite, if you're gay) for a game of "Shag/Marry/Throw off a cliff".
Angelina Jolie, Salli Richardson, Lady Gaga.
7. If you're a voracious reader like me, what are your favorite authors? Genres? Books? (NO fanfic, please!)
Georgette Heyer, Janet Evanovich (a guilty pleasure), Jane Austen, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, J. K. Rowling... lots of others. Mystery, comedy, sci-fi. At the moment, the Harry Potter books, pretty much any Star Trek novel. Yes, I like light reading.
8. Book, or e-reader? Why?
E-books hands down. Besides slightly lower cost, they don't clutter up my apartment.
9. What would you rather deal with in a friend/family member/child -- drug addiction, bigotry or rabid fundamentalism (of any sort)?
That's not much of a choice - they're all horrible.
10. Why did you decide to have/not to have children?
I didn't decide anything - children just never happened.
11. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Either still here or in Raleigh.
And I'm much too lazy to make up new questions or tag people.